Monday, June 8, 2009

Dessert Truck




Dessert Truck
www.desserttruck.com
St. Marks Place & 3rd Avenue
6pm-Midnight

They also have daytime hours, but we don't do that. HA!
well... if you really want to...
55th & Lex
12pm-3pm

Neil: Food on wheels. How could you go wrong? Their menu changes often, so be sure to check their website before going. Also, since they're a truck obviously, sometimes they make changes in their location and/or schedule, which are also reflected on their website. The creme brulee is probably the best I've ever had in my life, no exaggeration. We also tried the goat cheesecake, which Jill says tasted too strongly of goats, but I didn't think so. More for me!

Jill: I first learned of this migrating deliciousness on the Bobby Flay Throwdown on food network and from suggestions from my brother. They beat him with their chocolate bread pudding which I have had and is definitely awesome (they do offer a bacon custard sauce as an option and as much as I like it, have not been brave enough to try). The entrepreneurs of this tasty enterprise were trained in culinary school and decided to take it on the road. They offer great explorations via tastebuds with combinations venturing into the gourmet on a bargain. I have also had the creme brulee which I love, they carmelize the top when you order and the pavlova which has a great combination of a red berry gelee and meringue with creme fraiche. They only accept cash but most desserts come in at about $5 and are easily eaten while enjoying the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment