Monday, June 8, 2009

Green Papaya Thai Cuisine




Green Papaya
38-04 Prince Street
Flushing, NY 11354

Thai food, cash only.

Neil: I first started going to this place long before it was Green Papaya or Thai. My brother brought me here when it was Penang, a Malaysian restaurant. The first time I brought Jill here, I was saddened to see a shell of a building under construction. I asked the nice man emerging from the construction site what happened, and he reassuringly told me they would be back. Well, they came back, but as a Thai restaurant called Green Papaya. Luckily for us, they're delicious and affordable. Some of the dishes we've had include the garlic chicken (I hope you like garlic and are packing altoids) and the pork with roast chili paste. If you like Chow Fun, the Pad See Ew is very similar with its wide noodles. I usually always get Thai Iced Tea whenever I eat Thai food and this place is no exception. I also like the coconut drink with fresh young coconut and little fork that comes with it.

Jill: I can honestly say that over the course of the past several years that we have gone here on occasion, the food and service is consistently good and enjoyable. I love that they have a lychee drink which I have not seen at other Thai restaurants that we have been to. Yes it looks strange with these lychees floating in your drink but trust me, you should give it a try you will not be disappointed. I also usually get a side of sticky rice which comes in an individual straw container and the Tom Kha Gai soup with chicken, coconut milk, galanga and kaffir lime leaves is very good if you like some spice. Out of the various dishes we have tried between pad thai, spicy basil chicken, masaman curry etc they have always been good, no complaints here and worth giving a try with a mix of authentic thai dishes that cater also to the American palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment