Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sally's Cocofe



Sally's Cocofe
http://www.sallyscocofe.com/

273 Main Street

Huntington, NY 11743


Neil: Do you really like chocolate? Like really like like it? Love it? Obsessed? Well, I'm not. But I wanted to go here anyway. HA. Are you Kosher? I'm not. But Sally's is. HA.
Anyway, we've been here a couple of times. It's right around the corner from one of our favorite eateries which is in heavy rotation in our playlist, but that's for another blog.
I would go to Sally's for after dinner -- dessert, hot chocolate, coffee, drinks. They do have main entrees, but they are not their strong point. Like pad thai? Like chocolate? They don't go well together. I'm not even so sure what was chocolate about it. Four of us split the double chocolate fondue where you get to choose two types of chocolate. We picked milk chocolate and white chocolate. Let me tell you, the white chocolate is like CRACK. Wow, delicious. My friend Scott wanted to drink it out of the container (so did I). Lucky for us, they offer the white chocolate in drink form as well. I've always been a fan of white chocolate (which isn't really chocolate at all!) and Sally seems to have mastered her craft in this category. Of the two white chocolate drinks Aztec Gold and Ivory Coast L'Orange, I award #1 to the L'Orange and the Aztec drink comes in an extremely close second. Starbucks used to have a drink, Cafe Valencia which I liked to get from time to time... this L'Orange blows Valencia out of the water. I also tried the Chocolate Mousse which came in a martini glass. It's really big, and I was really full from dinner (Poco Loco, lol) so I was only able to finish about half of it. When I think of mousse, I usually think smooth consistencies, but this was mousse was fluffy laden with chocolate shavings. I wanted the chocolate molten cake, but they were sold out.

Jill: We found out about this place from AOl Cityguide. They are open later on the weekends than some local places (with the exception of Diners etc.) during the week they close at 10 and fri sat 12. The melty chocolate like ceiling sets the stage for the deliciousness to come. just walking through the front door is heavenly from the smell of the chocolate and coffee. I think by specializing in these two, they have really worked at making really good desserts. They also offer alcoholic drinks, snacks, gelato and baked goods. I LOVE their white chocolate drinks. They are so smooth and not too sweet. I have also had the milk and dark chocolate which are good but when paired with the desserts (unless you are a chocolate junkie, are just a bit too much of a good thing) They offer their chocolate drinks both iced and hot. I have also had the Jamaican dark chocolate caramel ginger of the iced variety and it was good but had a bit of kick. Not as easily drinkable as the white chocolate. More for sipping for a prolonged period of time and perhaps better hot. The milk chocolate Earl gray, if you are like Capt. Picard, was very pleasing as well. Sounds strange mixing a tea flavor with chocolate but they complement each other well. The chocolate creme brulee is delicious although i would normally order its traditional brother of the vanilla variety (like at dessert truck). This is a great later night stop for after dinner. Their comfy seating and modernly designed interior is as pleasing to the eye as their treats are to the belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment